Horizon Zero Dawn - DS 9.5/10

Moderator: Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth
Site Admin

Horizon Zero Dawn - DS 9.5/10

Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:37 am

The Desron Score is 9.5 / 10 (2 reviewers polled, scores averaged)
Number of Players: 1
Official site: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games ... -dawn-ps4/

What is HZD?
Violation: Horizon Zero Dawn is a single player post apocalyptic role-playing game. It's graphics and story are both polished well enough to cause the user to dive in deep into the role and really enjoy the story unfold.

What do you do when you play?
Violation: The role played in HZD is one of a survivor that has to learn technology beyond that used around them. Without a guide or help you are faced to fight stronger and more advanced opponents requiring a level of cunning to tactics.

What do you like about the game?
Violation: The storyline. Without ruining too much, this is a story I think many gamers could find interesting. Just picture if our world kept advancing, then we wanted to save our military service men and women from risk so we created a robot army and they turned on us. Terminator? Not even close. This is nothing like the terminator storyline. You'd have to play to see what I mean.

What's your favorite part of the game?
Violation: Put simple, the combat. I enjoy the combat requirements and how they encourage skillful play without requiring it.

What don't you like?
Violation: Not much. I personally rated this game a 10/10. I think everyone with a PS4 should get it and play it. If I could try to find something, although not felt during play, the storyline is very liniar. This is has an open world feel and the different quests adapt to your level like Skyrim; however, it lacks the faction unique feeling that Skyrim had... everyone, in the end, finishes the story the same way.

How would you make the game better?
Violation: A second and third expansion line. I think there is a lot left untold in this story.

Can you play with friends?
Violation: No, this is a single-player only game.

Rate the game 1(bad)-10(good)
Violation: 10.
Founding creator and financier of Desron Gaming
MMORPG gamer since 2001
Help support Violation & Family as they kick off a new wave of gaming reviews and videos: https://www.patreon.com/violation