Housing deeds

For the Shroud of the Avatar Family/Merchant/Featured guild OoV

Moderators: Eternal Knight, Luca, Minerva

Hornpipe

Housing deeds

Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:25 am

Hello,

As you may know, I won a lot of deeds in the last raffle. The purpose of my approach was to sell what can be sold to raise funds to purchase a city bundle. Currently, I am far from this goal. But, anyway, another of my goals was to allow those of you who have no home to get one.

So, I'll put at your disposal two POT row deeds (maybe three, depend on my agreements with Sara Dreygon who will give some of my deeds to those who are in great need).

I ask litteraly nothing in return : no gold coins, no dollars. You can have them for free (except taxes : 500 gold coins a day, but you can ask the Oracle for this, or 1 Gold Crown of the Obsidians for a week : 65% savings if you can get them for 1200 gc). No conditions, not even an obligation to settle somewhere, no recognition expected.

Of course :
  • first, priority will be given to those of my guildmates who have no house but that does not mean you can't have deed if you already have one (depend on the demand).
  • secondly, first come, first served.
Simply, if you want to help me back, I won't refuse any store credits you can give to me, even if it is symbolic.

Violation Clauth
Site Admin

Re: Housing deeds

Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:00 pm

Would you be open to instead providing me with one of the city deeds you won and I will put one of my city duke houses on it and make it into Ordinis Mortis's OoV guild home and make a city basement into private guild housing???

I'd cover 100% of the taxes (would be willing to accept help from the guild if they wanted) but it would serve the purpose you want and give us a really cool home in Ordinis Mortis.

If we did this, to be clear, I'd likely want the deed to go under my account and make you a co-owner... so I could make sure that if something happened to you or if someday you left the guild people didn't get evicted. If you have questions or anything feel free to PM me. I talked to Eternal Knight about this as well and he told me I should reach out to you because you were mentioning doing something for the guild like this.
Founding creator and financier of Desron Gaming
MMORPG gamer since 2001
Help support Violation & Family as they kick off a new wave of gaming reviews and videos: https://www.patreon.com/violation

Luca

Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:47 pm

I know Ribby is very generous. I also know that she has her own dream. My dream is to make Ordinis great for all who wants to live and visit there. It is ok if Ribald wants to give her City deed for this purpose. I also won City deed and I would be more than glad to drop it here to serve whole guild. (Atm. I am trying to sell / trade it so it could be used bettter).

Hornpipe

Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:54 am

Greetings,

I thought about your proposal, my Lord. But what you suggest is a gift. If I give my deed to anybody else, he or she would also have to pay the taxes and place his or her house, too. The only difference is the status of co-owner, but it'a status which can be attributed to anyone and removed anytime. I don't see my interest in this.

Naturally, I am aware that the deeds I won with the raffle do not really have a face value by themselves. Nevertheless, the fact remains that the equivalent of those deeds have a face value on the add on store. Furthermore, having spent 350 000 gold coins, I will lost, at least, equilvalent of $175 or $250 if I give anything for nothing. But this is not a guild hall that our members need most. If I have to lose part of my investent, I prefer it to be for a better cause.

Simply, when I paid for the raffle tickets, I had three reasons in mind :
- First, find a way to fund a tax free POT city lot deed, which implies to sell the biggest POT taxed deeds I won,
- Second, help guild members who have no home but who wants one (that's what I told to Eternal Knightmen, I think),
- Third, give some lots to Sara Dreygon, to ensure the greatest number have access to this essential aspect of our existence in New Britannia.

I have already completed a part of those goals. Small lots are freely given to those who needs them, allowing them to have a place they can call home without paying to much taxes.

But for now, I hope to sell the town and city deeds. (I ask only store credits, to promote the support of the game). I sell them about 25% less than their face value (add to this the 15% promotion currently underway and you save about 35%).

I've been very lucky with this raffle. The POT city deeds were rare and I got 2 of them, 1/20 of the total that was involved. This an opportunity for me to get closer to my goal while allowing someone else to save money. There is no speculation on my part and everyone takes advantage from this deal (me, Portalarium and the buyer) so I think it's a fair decision.

Time will tell if I should reconsider my position. I try to be fair, but I also have interests to defend.

Luca

Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:14 am

Btw. Our newest guild member doesn't have house...

Violation Clauth
Site Admin

Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:27 pm

I'm back from my vacation and almost back from work. Sorry I don't have time to get logged in right now but I wanted to respond and say that I will likely setup a guild house in Ordinis Mori that I own one way or another. I fully understand and respect everyone's desire to make their housing situation great and truly appreciate the willingness of everyone to help offer housing to guild members. I've had two guild masters and 3 guild members drop houses and create issues when they go MIA for extended periods. I've remained available for people to reach out to via forum PMs and messages for the last 3 years straight, even when my live and schedule does not afford me much in-game time I always make myself available within a reasonable timeframe (usually same day) to messages. I have a great deal of passion to see that no one in the family (members of Order of Vengeance) is abandoned or feels abandoned so I wanted to be very firm in explaining the following stance:

Our guild members are exceptionally helpful to each other and I want that to remain; however, no one should represent themselves as a guild house without having either Duhlanee Clauth or Violation Clauth as the lot deed owner. We cannot have anymore misunderstandings on who the true owners of properties are. If you want to have someone stay with you then be very clear that it is your house. If you are creating a guild property then it must have mine or my wife's name on it as the owner.

I have public and private properties and I'm working on getting things sorted out to put a guild property in Ordinis Mortis so we don't have anymore issues. We already have a guild hall in Vengeance that is a guild property. Anyone is welcome to setup there if they are okay with a risk environment. There are ample vendors right at the door! Please give me a few weeks to make sure I take the best possible path. If someone wants to donate it that's great; however, I will not endorse ANY guild housing that isn't under my accounts.

Thanks!
Founding creator and financier of Desron Gaming
MMORPG gamer since 2001
Help support Violation & Family as they kick off a new wave of gaming reviews and videos: https://www.patreon.com/violation